Biennale di Venezia - 12th International Architecture Exhibition
Grand opening of the exposition of the pavilion of Russia - the Project "Factory Russia" realized by its curators Sergey Tchoban, Georgy Revzin and Pavel Khoroshilov took place on the 26th of August 2010 in 3.30 p.m.
In the project development besides the bureau "SPEECH Tchoban/Kuznetsov" (that developed also design of exposition) participated 4 architectural teams: two from Moscow - Creative production enterprise "Reserve" of Vladimir Plotkin and "Sergey Skuratov architects", and two from Saint Petersburg - "Evgeny Gerasimov and partners" and "Studio 44" of Nikita Yavejn. Everu bureau suggested its own concept of regeneration of one of five territories. Hereby besides the general concept of revival of urban environment the curators presented submitted to approval of the audience 5 cardinally different projects showing the views of the ways of the concept realization of each team.
Many-sided concept combining social aspects, and town-planning researches, and architectural developments, and inevitable thoughts of tragedy of life in Russian backwoods, found expression in original set design of the exposition that was accurately divided into three parts according to the number of exhibition spaces in compliance with the planning of Russian pavilion built in 1914 upon the project of A.V. Schusev.